Implementation of MOU between Government of Republic of India and Government of Republic of Malawi for import of pigeon peas from Malawi
[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART-I, SECTION-I]
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Public Notice No. 2/ / 2015-20
New Delhi, Dated the 6 September, 2021
Subject: Implementation of MOU between Government of Republic of India and Government of Republic of Malawi for import of pigeon peas from Malawi – reg.
s o. (E): In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 1.03 and 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020) and in continuation of Public Notice No.8/2015-20 dated 24th June, 2021 regarding Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of Malawi for import of 50,000 MT of tur (pigeon peas) by India, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby lays down the procedures / modalities for complying with the aforesaid provisions under the MoU.
- In pursuance of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the Republic of Malawi, India has agreed to provide an annual quota of 50,000 MT of tur (pigeon peas)of Malawi origin to be imported, through private trade, over the next five financial years, i.e. from 2021-22 to 2025-26 (April to March).
- Accordingly 50,000 MT of tur (pigeon peas) to be imported from Malawi, during the fiscal year 2021-22 is allowed for import, subject to the following conditions:
- Import will be allowed only through the following 5 ports: (i) Mumbai, (ii) Tuticorin, (iii) Chennai, (iv) Kolkata and (v) Hazira
- Import will be subject to production of “Certificate of Origin” certified by the authorized signatories of Customs and Excise Division of Malawi Revenue Authority with stamps provided by the Government of Malawi, which is being shared with the concerned Customs authorities of the above ports and CBIC.
- While providing the Origin Certificate (including details of the exporter, importer and quantity of pulses), the designated authority will send a scanned copy of the certificate to the e mail ID: email@example.com.
- The importer here in India will send a mail to DGFT with scanned copy of the certificate issued as above along with its IEC details, for NOC on the same e-mail address as above, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org. DGFT will compare both these documents and allow NOC to the applicant importer, based on which Customs will clear the consignments.
- Effect of this Public Notice: Procedure / modalities for import of 50,000 MT of tur (pigeon peas) from Malawi under the MOU are laid down.